Unity3d/C# games developer last two years
- Amazon cloud services(to host server side applications and Web client),
- C++ (used since 1993),
- C# and .Net stack (WPF/Silverlight, WCF, MS SQL) - since 2010,
includes taking a part in development of world-class products for such corporations like Alcatel-Lucent and Motorola and complex enterprize applications for less known corporations.
Amulets,artifacts and magic wands:
- IDE: MonoDevelop (preferable for Unity3d and Mono), MS Visual Studio (any C++ and C# .Net projects for Windows), Eclipse (for Node.Js), XCode (only to do something for Apple/iOs only)
- Of course, revision control software: SVN (lovely), Git, Mercurial; also Microsoft TFS, Unity3d Asset Server, IBM Rational ClearCase
- Issue-tracking systems: JIRA, MS TFS, IBM Rational ClearQuest, services like Assembla Tickets, Google code etc and many less known.
- Project management: MS Project (lovely), Project Libre, other (including my brains, common sense, paper and pencil)
- proficient with Adobe Photoshop and 3d Studio Max. Of course, I am not the artist so my skills with this tools are limited to placeholders creation or adopting ready art to developer needs.
Offers services of skilled Unity 3d/C# game developer:
I suppose that the full set of my skills and my sources base best covers the following needs and situations:
- You are Game studio who planned to develop standalone or clent-server really multiplatformed slot machine or other 2d or 3D game: same application with minimal modifications could be published at Facebook or your own Web site, at mobile platforms, for Desktop computers with different OS and most popular video game consoles. This is because the Unity3d engine supports almost all significant platforms (see full list ) and even can be compiled to run as browser application with usual Flash player Adobe plugin or specialized Unity3d Web player plugin (also provided for all Web browsers).
I have already developed the prototype of client-server Slot Machine framework with this awesome engine. Please see my portfolio for details.
- You are 3d or 2d Artist or Writer or other person who desire to convert the set of your arts into RPG-like 3D presentation or interactive book with traditional or non-linear story. Of course, something like Valentino Caravany Museum will be very expensive because it contains a big quantity of art... But the artist is yourself...
I have developed the framework which simplify the development of such applications so cost of such projects could pleasurable amaze you.
- You are Game studio who have the own great project in progress but also have the new great idea...
Usually all permanent staff is busy with this great project, but you can hire me as contractor to develop prototype from scratch following your requirements. In this case it is enough the part-time involving of your project manager and game designer.
Then the project can be without problems either paused and continued later yourself at more appropriate time or you can just charge me to establish the distributed team of free-lancers for this project.
- You are startup who needs at early stages of project in persons with enough wide set of skills to either implement some small things out of main speciality themselves or control and integrate results of free lancers.
Also I can help to fast create temporary team: as my native language is Russian and I have rich experience in collaboration with Russian-speaking free lancers for highly distributed international teams, I can help in your interaction with talented Russian, Belorussian, Ukrainian and other Russian-speaking 3D and 2D artists and software developers.
- You are Entrepreneur who have the great idea and plan to start croudfunding company.
Such projects often needs in set of game demo and functional prototypes and technology proof of concept prototypes. Of course fund rising itself could be successful without prototyping. But prototyping is highly recommended to simplify fund-raising and reduce the technology and project estimation risks, basically the risk of too optimistic costs estimation.
- You are 3d Art Design Studio who admired the idea of services like Prezi but thinks that 3d presentations like that are too simple and less artistic that it could be. But still thinking about something like specific Content Management System to allow users without software developer skills create Unity3d presentations themselves with customizing of scenes with usual web interface (or other Unity3d client-server application, which is closer to something like very, very simple 3d Studio Max ;-) ). I have developed client-side prototype which partially implements the functionality of player of such 3d presentations and can be fine starting point for such project and simplest(just to test client-side) server-side application. Player plays JSON files with references to resources.3d editor is really the interface to create such JSON file with manipulating 3d object at 3d scene. Please see my portfolio for details.
It is possible because it is possible to develop Unity3d client which can download from server side some data like types of items and their places at scene, pictures, textures for 3d models and 3d models themselves, sounds and video and dynamically build the scene following these data. Unity3d applications could be placed at Web-site or Facebook as well as provided as mobile application. Such applications also can dynamically download data, some of textures, some of sounds and texts from server-side part and build scenes dynamically. So it is possible to develop application and editor which can allow to you edit some texts and some other data yourself without involving Unity3d developer.
Note, one of the main purposes of prototyping is the decreasing of risk of too optimistic estimation of project costs. So basically prototyping is high desirable to clarify most technically unclear moments and to clarify the future architecture of application to create the enough full and detailed for calculations hierarchical list of necessary jobs. In project management it is called Work Breakdown Structure.
Additional benefit is proving to investors the ability to develop your great game and provide look and feel of future game in well addition to pre-production video.
For most cases single software developer and part-time 3d and 2d artist is enough for prototyping. Really as risk mitigation Prototyping also could be done with so-called "programmers art" or free models and graphics by software developer himself, but at this stage of production the cost of software development in most of cases much greater then price of art. So art is the bad point of force application in attempts to save money, and art is anyway can be used to produce the pre-production video.